Before winter really sets in, even though the insulation was not finished, and a stove still needed to be put in, I didn’t want to wait to thank all the people involved in building the barn aka studio, by showing some of my paintings. Going super sized is a very new thing for me.
COPY RIGHT LAWS IN EFFECT FOR THIS WHOLE POST
Bear with me, trying out some backgrounds:)
(1) On the left the huge 9 x 7 painting.
To the right 5 paintings of the Match Stick Series
(2) Continuing from the view above, to the left the same series. On the side of the entrance door some of my Celebrity collection of flowers
A simple but much used DOOR with the Open House aka Art Show – people were happy they could close the door behind them when coming out of the unrelenting rain. For my main Thurs. Doors, scroll down.
Visitors liked “the descriptions” very much, because it gave them a sense what the painting is about. These are “the day after” shots. The red sign stood at the road side, to guide the people down ward.
(3) The stairs through the window is the shortest way to go to the street – kind of tricky when it rains hard like that day, because the top of the steps hubby built were still soil. People went up to the street from puddle to puddle:) YIKES– we have to change that for the next show! (Fri Hunt)
(4) On left the big roll up door 16 feet high, specifically to get big paintings through). On this wall a part of the Revelation series I started when painting every week in front of an audience in Laguna Niguel in Southern California. (this is left of the Super sized painting). Sorry, ignore the aftermath of the refreshments:)
(5) © Oil, 9 x 7 feet, The Cloud, St Germain. Remember Copy right laws!
The atmosphere of protection, provision, and G_d’s presence. It was inspired by a concert, where the musician (piano) invited the audience to come to the front, and start, while hand in hand, moving in rows.
Kept thinking I could take some unique shots. So I did. The simultaneous physical movement of several hundred people was an awesome sight. That gave me the idea of the concept of the cloud … and the people’s reaction to it.
* On the oil painting, the movement is “translated” in the colorful swirls going up or down, mingling in the cloud. Not a football crowd. The people here enjoying this cloud react with contemplation, awe, respect, or with joyful laughter, singing, or dancing.
(Blue Monday )
(6) This phone pic gives you the idea how big this really is. Apologize for the wordiness, but hopefully I answered all the questions that came to me since this event.
To my surprise on facebook a video Dec.6 and 10 has gone viral (you can also see it HERE of a huge cloud sitting at the Israeli-Syrian border 7 days after an ISIS attack and people taking pics of it – what this cloud represents: protection.
This part is for the rest of the memes/challenges of this week
Begin with Y: (3) Yikes
Weeks Fav: (9) th sign to hang
Festive: (7) the bouquet
(7) A Winter White bouquet of the bride in December of one of my friends.
(Nature Notes, ABC Wed.-W), Floral Fri Foto, Friday Hunt Todays Flowers)
(8) THURS DOOR – the Ale house in Auburn, CA
( Random in Randomosity , Thurs. Door, Week. Reflections)
(9) When I saw this cut off trunk in the park -between 65 and 60 years old –
perfect for an outside
logo for the studio. When the
wood is dry enough,
I’ll paint it and (maybe) put some letters on
hubby will hang it
(The Fun -Random.Tue Treasure, Tue Texture, Nature Notes)
Stormy Clouds from Folsom to Sacramento
(Tue Travel, Sky Watch, Fri. Greens)
Join the fun of sharing your December festivity
or anything else you like in an ALL SEASONS post
link list is open Sunday – Wednesday eve.
Thanks to All the Hosts
* Our Beautiful World *
Monday Blue * Life Thru Lens * Our World* Randomosity *
Tue Treasure * Tue Texture * Nature Notes * Tue Travel *
ABC Wed. – W * Outdoor Wed. * Communal Global *
Thurs. Doors * Good Fences * Floral Fri Foto * Sky Watch *
Week. Reflect. * Fri Greens * Fri Photo Journal * Pierced Wonderings * Fri Hunt * Maleviks Rosen * Sat Critters *