Ran out of space with my first blog Significant Moments, so I happily continue here!
Talking about a few of my passions, you’ll see I’m going all over the map on purpose. Not to brag, but these places have influenced me, and are all part of my life and my views about the world.
Many of you will be happy, not having to click on the title of the post – you can just comment below!!
(1) THE GOOD: At one of the windows in “Upstart Crow” our favorite bookstore in San Diego, sipping a cold drink, I noticed the patterns the sun made on the lawn
couldn’t help to make just a small watercolor of it. I always carry a small watercolor block, a Winsor & Newton field palette and 3 brushes in my purse. Passersby outside started watching me – one of the perks (?) of an artist:)
(2) With some young friends who had visited us in the USA – out to Giet hoorn, where the whole town looks like this. The roads are water ways, so everyone who lives there has at least one boat. Then all the companies who have boats for the tourists:)
Reflection, Trees & Bushes, Tue Travel. Water World
(3) A few botanical gardens are my favorites. The largest one in Berlin, the Huntington Library Gardens in Pasadena, and these flowers in Holland, Hortus, Groningen (NE of Holl). Nature Notes, Floral Fri Foto
Peacock statue and fence – good Fences, THE RANDOM
(4) The reason for traveling to 4 cities on China’s main land was because our son was teaching English there. This is the Forbidden City, Beijing – the palaces of the royal family. which means that at one time China was a kingdom!
(5) THE FUN: Hubby and son came back with 500 shots of the Great Wall (because I was painting plein air in the city Beijing). This was a big surprise – a den of about 15 adult Panda’s at the Great Wall. Sat. Critters
(6) One of the doors in Forbidden City – the paths between the buildings are narrow, so couldn’t get the whole door into the frame.
Begin with D: Destiny Road (7)
Weeks Favorite: Forbidden City -Doors (6)
Summer or winter: Giethoorn boats (2)
(7) To Continue on the Destiny Road
Sky Watch, Blue Monday, ABC Wed.-C
At the same time join the fun of SEASONS
THE LAST WEEK OF JULY Sunday July 24 – Wednesday July 27
Thanks to All the Hosts!
* Little Things *Thurs. Door * Good Fences * Sky Watch *
Weekend Reflections * Floral Fri Foto * Fri Greens * Todays Flowers * Fri Photo Journal * Fri Hunt *
Maleviks Rosen * Sat. Critters * Our Beautiful World*
Blue Monday* Randomosity* Mundane Monday * Our World * Life through Lens *
Tue Texture * Tue Treasure *Trees & Bushes * Travel Tue * Nature Notes*
ABC Wed. – C * Water world* Outdoor Wed.* Communal Global *